IT: Helpdesk & Support
There are five ways to get IT assistance:
Microsoft Teams Chat or call Ryan Cummins, Linda Dixon or anyone from our IT Staff.
Call 212.353.4350 or X350 if you are on campus
Create a service ticket in Kace, our IT Help Desk Portal. Your ID to access KACE is your FirstName.LastName. For example: elvis.presley and your password is your Cooper email password.
Connect with a member of our Academic Support Team (M-F 9am-6pm) via Teams.
- The Cooper Union Wi-Fi network is called: cooper. Please contact email@example.com for the password to the network.
- After connecting to cooper, a browser window should open on your screen for you to authenticate to our Aruba server using your email username (your email address without ‘@cooper.edu’) and email password.
- Your device should be “remembered” for 24 hours. After 24 hours, you may need to log in again. If the browser window doesn’t appear automatically, you can go there directly by opening: https://captiveportal.cooper.edu in any web browser.
- NOTE: Administrative staff must connect to a separate, private network. The password for this network is confidential and will be provided by your supervisor or by the Department of IT.
Cooper Accounts & Credentials
At Cooper Union, you will use two primary accounts and passwords to access our web-based services:
- Microsoft Office 365 email account
- Student Self-Service account ID and password
These are our web-based services:
- Student Self-Service (Portal to Student Information System)
- Office365 (Email, Word, Excel, Teams, OneDrive and more)
- Moodle (Class documents, assignments)
- If you have difficulty accessing any of these accounts or need a password reset, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where is the Student Self-Service webpage? https://dtss.cooper.edu/Student
- Where are the instructions on how to log in to Student Self-Service? Using Student Self-Service
- How do I find out what my Cooper Union e-mail address is? E-mail email@example.com
- How do I get help with a non-working password? Passwords can be recovered via Webadvisor. See the instructions. If you continue to have password-related issues you may e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do faculty members look up class rosters? How do they enter grades. You must use WebAdvisor for viewing class rosters and entering grades. See instructions below.
- Viewing Class Rosters
- Faculty Grade Entry
IT Knowledge Base
The Helpdesk Knowledge Base is a collection of articles that cover a wide variety IT topics, from software help, to campus wi-fi information, to troubleshooting hardware.
- The articles can searched by keywords or be arranged in the list by category (‘How-To’ and ‘FAQ’) and platform (Windows, macOS). Each Knowledge Base article has a unique URL for easy sharing and reference.
- To access the Helpdesk Knowledge Base go to https://helpdesk.cooper.edu/userui/advisory_library.php and log in with your Cooper email credentials:
- Username: your email address, minus the ‘@cooper.edu’ (e.g. jane.doe)
- Password: your Cooper email password