Assistant Director of Admissions
Posted On: August 1, 2019
Hours: Full Time
The primary role of the Assistant Director of Admissions is to advise and support students and families on the admissions process for The Cooper Union. This role serves as a primary point of contact for prospective students; plans and conducts admissions events; schedules and represents The Cooper Union at recruitment events; reads and evaluates applications for admission and participates in the selection process. Working closely with faculty, the position also schedules and coordinates faculty engagement in the admissions process. Additionally, this position plays a key role in the development of recruitment strategies and works in collaboration with the admissions team to develop recruitment materials and communications for prospective students. He/she manages the tracking and reporting of key recruitment/admissions metrics and makes recommendations based on results in order to achieve enrollment objectives. Incumbents will be assigned primarily to one of Cooper’s three schools (Art, Architecture or Engineering) with secondary responsibilities to the other two schools, and to recruitment efforts generally.
- Represent The Cooper Union to prospective students, parents, teachers, and guidance counselors.
- Schedule and travel to college recruitment fairs, high schools, and reviews.
- Work with applicant pool throughout process from material submission to enrollment.
- Assist with enrollment marketing communications. Ensure timely and accurate messaging to a variety of constituents including prospects, inquiries, applicants, current students, and parents.
- Using discretion and independent judgment, counsel students and parents regarding the financial aid application process.
- Serve as primary point of contact for assigned School admissions committee.
- Prepare reports on admissions requested through the use of student information systems.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of on-campus events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with data management
- Driver’s license and access to a car
- A sense of humor and the ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred). Experience in Admissions/Higher Ed.
- Preferred educational background in a creative or STEM related field
This is a non-union position.
The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
30 Cooper Square, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10003
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org