Associate Director of Admissions – Marketing and Communications
Posted On: August 20, 2019
Hours: Full Time
The Associate Director of Admissions – Marketing and Communication serves as the key member of the admissions team responsible for efforts to engage students and their families throughout each stage of the enrollment cycle. Reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment, the Associate Director develops a range of communication tactics to attract and nurture strong applicants to Cooper’s undergraduate and graduate programs. This opportunity will allow the incumbent to work strategically with partners in communications, admissions, financial aid, the faculty and others to execute on a comprehensive approach to admissions marketing and communications. The work includes development of a campus wide plan to utilize web, digital and print assets to not only heighten awareness but also support the enrollment of best fit students for Cooper. The position will utilize a variety of tools including search, social media, web and the institution’s CRM (Slate beginning in 2020) to effectively reach and connect with students and families.
While not assigned a particular territory or group of applicants, the position additionally serves in a general admissions capacity supporting recruitment travel, applicant processing, admission event attendance and the full range of activities within the office.
Finally, in collaboration with the Vice President, this position plays a central role in the development of long-term enrollment strategies for the institution.
- Collaborate widely with faculty and the admissions team to achieve enrollment goals
- Represent The Cooper Union at on and off-campus recruitment events as needed
- Provide counsel and assistance to the Vice President on the recruitment, selection, and matriculation of the entering class as well as the development of long term enrollment strategy for the institution.
- Develop, oversee and constantly improve enrollments communications plans for each Cooper program
- work collaboratively with other staff to create and manage annual communication plans for prospective student
- Other duties as assigned
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Strong technology skills including familiarity with CRMs
- Will require frequent work on nights and weekends
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred). Seven to ten years of experience in Admissions/Higher Ed.
- Preferred educational or career background would include work in a creative or STEM related field
This is a non-union position.
The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
30 Cooper Square, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10003
Or email to: email@example.com