Director of Admissions - Engineering
Posted On: August 20, 2019
Hours: Full Time
The Director of Admissions - Engineering oversees a team of professionals who are responsible for engaging students and their families throughout each stage of the enrollment cycle. Reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment, the Director is responsible for leading the development, implementation, and assessment of a strategic enrollment plan designed to enroll students in Cooper’s highly selective Engineering program. This work is accomplished in collaboration and engagement with colleagues in admissions, financial aid, faculty and others.
The primary role of the Director of Admissions – Engineering is to manage the admissions process for applicants to the Engineering program at The Cooper Union. This position serves as the senior admissions staff person charged with achieving enrollment goals for Engineering while also supporting enrollment generally across the institution.
Additionally, in collaboration with the Vice President, this position plays a central role in the development of long-term enrollment strategies for the institution.
- Manage the engineering admissions team including the hiring and development of recruitment staff
- Collaborate widely with faculty and the admissions and financial aid team to achieve enrollment goals
- Represent The Cooper Union at on and off-campus recruitment events as needed
- Provide counsel and assistance to the Vice President on the recruitment, selection, and matriculation of the entering class as well as the development of long term enrollment strategy for the institution.
- oversee and constantly improve the campus visit experience for engineering applicants
- work collaboratively with other staff to create and manage annual communication plans for prospective students
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong communication written and oral communication skills.
- High levels of discretion and capability with confidential matters
- Strong technology skills including familiarity with student information systems and CRMs
- Will require frequent work on nights and weekends
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred). Seven to ten years of experience in Admissions/Higher Ed.
- Preferred educational or career background would include work in a STEM related field
This is a non-union position.
The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
30 Cooper Square, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10003
Or email to: email@example.com