Young Alumni Giving Officer
Posted August 3, 2011
Reporting to the Director of Development, the incumbent will identify, cultivate and solicit alumni of The Cooper Union who have graduated up to 11 years previously.
- Develop and facilitate volunteer participation in each of the ten classes, in cooperation with the alumni relations staff and the Alumni Association,
- focusing on those who might assume leadership roles.
- Cultivate those young alumni who offer the prospect of making a major gift at some time, and
- Develop solicitation strategies for the lead donors in each class
- The incumbent will develop a strategic plan for the young alumni which may include:
1. the establishment of an association of young alumni in collaboration with alumni relations.
2. creating development focused events for young alumni, locally and nationally.
3. facilitating the expansion of online communities for young alumni.
4. creating leadership training opportunities
- The incumbent will also support the senior class gift committee effort, focusing on participation and training students for future alumni leadership roles.
- Three years of related development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with donor database software
- Bachelor of Arts or Science
- Background in higher education a plus
Department of Human Resources
The Cooper Union
30 Cooper Square, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10003